Friday, July 19, 2013

Princess & Me Rapunzel review

Hey guys!
Just a little note before I go into the review...there are some horse shows coming up in the next couple of weeks that I'm planning on going to; so therefore, posting might be somewhat more scattered than usual xD  Just thought I'd let you all know so you didn't think I abandoned you all forever!!

Anyway....here's our lovely subject of this review, the Princess & Me Rapunzel.
Isn't she ADORABLE??  She stands 18" tall, and is pretty slender.  She has a chest joint, her head moves, and her arms and legs can move as well.  She cannot wear American Girl clothes - they're wayyy too baggy - but she can wear BFC Ink clothes, I think.  Unless you count the dress I hand-sewed for my Addison.  It was VERY tight on her and apparently, she's more, uh...hippy...than Addison.  *Ahem*.  So I'm not sure if that'll affect anything.  Anyway...

She has LONG, soft, gorgeous blond hair!  There's even a lock of brown hair in there somewhere.  I couldn't find it, but I did make a valid attempt to find it!  :P  

One hunk of hair is a lot shorter than the rest; since I had 2 with this (sold the other on eBay xD) I figure it's not a random-hair-cut.  I think it has something to do with her little 'swoop' thingy (as The Art of Tangled would call it.) 
Which, her part is off.  It should be on the RIGHT side of her head, not on her left!  It isn't movie accurate.  And if it isn't movie accurate, it irks me.  As you have probably already figured out :P 

She has the most GORGEOUS face and glass eyes. She has a cute smile, thick painted-on eyebrows, painted-on eyelashes, and freckles!  Just love those freckles...

Her bodice, sleeves, etc.  Her dress is quite accurate to the movie - SCORE!!

Her skirt

Back

Her arms can go up, but they won't stick out very far, as you can see in the picture below.  

That's as far as I could get them out, when they were down.  

Showing off her chest plate

And she is pretty photogenic....and have I mentioned that she's adorable? ;)


Oh, and one more quick little thing.  The details on this dress is AMAZING!  This is the border along the border of the skirt.  

And her bodice.  




So, what do you guys think about her?  I absolutely love her and would definitely recommend her to anyone - collectors and children alike!  But before you give her to a child, I would stock up on Downy-dunk equipment.  Her hair gets, well..TANGLED...very quickly.  And I mean, breeze-going-the-wrong-way quickly.  Her hair was brushed out at least 7 times during the photoshoot....yeah.  Anyway.  She's a gorgeous doll and she seems pretty well put together.  She may tend to be a little top-heavy and sometimes will randomly topple over though; and it seems like one leg is just a shade shorter than the other...which was the same way with the other one I had as well.  Not sure if it's a defect or what...so I just usually display her sitting down - and then I don't wake up in the middle of the night to a loud THUD, which is her falling from the shelf to the floor.  Not a good thing to have happen right after you've watched a crime show before you go to bed.  xD  



No comments:

Post a Comment