Sunday, May 18, 2014

Monsters University review

Hey, everyone!  I recently watched Monsters University, and thought I would do a quick review on it.

I initially wasn't going to watch it, because it seemed a little...iffy...as to if it would be good or not.  I love  Monsters, Inc., though, and when I learned that Nathan Fillion voiced one of the monsters on Monsters U, I just had to see it.  (Nathan Fillion...any Castle fans out there??)
Anyway, the basic plot follows Mike Wazowski on his journey from high school to going to college, trying to become an official scarer for Monsters Inc.  This is where he meets Sulley, and they are less than best friends.  Sulley's in the popular group, Mike is not...you see where this is going, right?  Mike isn't scary enough to become a scarer, though, and through a series of events, he and Sulley join up with a group of less-than-scary monsters during this annual competition that takes all these teams through several tests and competitions, eliminating the non-scary monsters.  The reason Sulley and Mike join their group and sign up to participate in the annual competition is because they both broke something very dear to a high monster of authority (I'm blanking up on her name and position, sorry!)  and she refuses to let them back in the school.  They make a deal with her that if they win, the whole team (all of them were told they weren't scary enough) would be able to go through college, and thus their journey begins.

I won't spoil a lot of things, but their journey ends up being unsuccessful after Sulley, in the last round, cheats.  However, they go on to show all of the monsters making do and everything working out for all of them anyway, and Mike and Sulley end up working as mail people...er...monsters...at Monsters Inc., and then slowly make their way up to officially become scarers for Monsters Inc.

Overall, I would give the movie a 7 out of 10.  It's a cute movie (and Mike as a  little monster is ADORABLE), but the plot is kind of not very strong.  I do, however, like that they had to pay for the consequences of cheating,  instead of getting in anyway, and I also like that it shows that they had to work hard to get to be scarers at Monsters Inc., instead of just having the jobs handed to them.  It definitely is not quite as good as the first one, but I still really liked it.  If you were a fan of Monsters Inc., I would reccomend watching it.  (:  Has anyone seen Monsters University?  Does anyone plan on seeing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment