Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Photoshoot and a new face!


Hey, guys!  So yesterday, I decided to do a photoshoot, since it was soo pretty outside, and the crabapple tree in the front yard is in full bloom.






This is how I got up to do these pics.  You might find it slightly amusing...or you'll just groan because now I realize I could've just gotten a ladder from the garage. (I'm a day late and a dollar short, I suppose! xD) Anyway. 
I had my dolls in a plastic bag to keep them clean and all within arm's reach; my camera in the other hand.  
When I went out to do the photoshoot, I thought "Oh gee, I'll be able to just toss them up on limbs from the ground and take pics that way, those limbs aren't very high up off the ground!" 
Silly me. 
The limbs were too spindly and weak.  I needed to climb up the tree in order to get any pictures. 
Mind you, the front yard is in full view of the road that goes past the house.  And it was during the busiest time of the afternoon (even though we live in a rural area).  So...if anyone reading this saw a random person with a blue plastic bag clutched to her chest, jumping erratically and/or swinging off of a branch...that was me. [I'm highly self-conscious, in case anyone's wondering xD]. 
Anyway. 
Soo this is our best climbing tree.  As a little kid, I always used to climb it (of course, I didn't take my dolls and I didn't take a camera).  Easy enough, right?  Well...that's been awhile.  The limbs closer down have also been trimmed off, due to them being too close to the driveway (our UPS driver probably loves that tree...not..) Anywho, there's this little V in the trunk that I can always get my foot jammed into, but I can't reach a branch to pull myself up -- and the V is only barely broad enough for me to stick my foot in there and twist it sideways.  So I re-evaluate the situation.  Either I can go the easy route and just forget about the pictures, or I can try to take a running leap and try to grab onto a branch.  Of course, you know what route I take.  I stuff my camera into the bag with my dolls, clutch it close to my chest so the dolls nor the camera will get banged up, back up several steps, and run.  Being short stinks.  It took me several tries, but I finally managed to grab the branch.  Then, I had to stick my foot in the V of the trunk.  Well...I probably should've gotten ahold of the branch a little closer to the tree itself, because I had to stretch, stick my foot in there, and stand upright...without falling and breaking my foot, which is jammed into the V of the trunk like nobody's business.  (Yes, leave it up to me to figure out some weird alternative to what could've happened).  Anyway...so I stood as pictured above the whole time, which is why I didn't get as many pictures as I was hoping for...my leg was shaking so bad by the time I finally retired to the tulips and daffodils xD 
So anyway.  I know...that was a pointless and dumb story.  Morale of said story:  USE THE LADDER.  :P  Back to the pictures.







"Help...me...save me from this crazy person..."


And guess who the newest addition is?  2011 Belle!!  I'm working on a review for her  (as well as half a dozen other things =D)  So that's why this post is a bit heavy with Belle pics...I'm trying to figure out the best angles to photograph her from.  She's extremely photogenic!  And so pretty...now, there's no wonder that her name means "beauty" ;)







Ahh, yes!  A rare appearance from Mattel's 2010 Rapunzel! :D


Those are some big tulips. 



These are more doll-sized flowers...!





                                      That's it for now, guys!  I'll hopefully have some more posts up soon!  Plus...I have almost 5500 pageviews, and 11 followers -- you guys are AWESOME!  Thank you so much =] 

Has anyone else taken their dolls out and had some spring photoshoots yet?  Or maybe I'm just late on the uptake :P   Also, I have some questions for you guys:  Would you be interested in TV show reviews as well?  I watch so many shows and would be happy to share some intel if you'd like :P  Also, upcoming movie reviews include Wreck-It-Ralph, RIPD, The Lone Ranger, and Monsters U! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on Belle! She is soooo pretty! =D
    That was not a pointless or boring story, it comforts me to know that I'm not the only one who goes through unimaginable circumstances to get doll pics. xD
    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete