Saturday, December 27, 2014

Review: The Making of Beauty and the Beast


Hey guys!  Before I get into today's review, I just wanted to thank you all for your patience and willingness to keep up with the blog.  Never thought I'd get over 9600 views and 13 followers on this blog! You guys are all amazing, and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. 
This review's for "The Making of Beauty and the Beast".  I apologize ahead of time, Blogger's being a jerk and uploading photos sideways.  Again.  *facepalm* But anyway. 


The book, of course, is much like the "Art of" books, like Brave, Tangled, and Frozen's, only a little shorter.  There's a neat little section in the margin of one page, shown above, that describes Belle's "warpaint", or where blush, shading, etc. would be placed. 


The book also includes plenty of concept art, like the amazing concept of Beast shown here.  I apologize for the glare, the pages are shiny and..yeah. 


The side margins on the book also include a lot of information about some of the artists that worked on the movie.  The margin above is about Glen Keane, of course.  (Oh boy, these sideways pictures are really getting on my nerves..I'm so sorry guys!)


It also has a lot of information about the architecture in the film, especially about the castle.  There's actually a bit of a floorplan shown!  It's very neat. 




It has a table of contents, which shows how the book is divided into a prologue and two parts: "From Legend to Film" and "The Elements of Animation." 


In the back of the book, a glossary of animation terms is printed.  It'd helpful for if you don't quite understand what some term is! 



And finally, here's just a fun little picture of Belle with her "Making Of" book.  I couldn't resist, because...she's a girl with her nose stuck in a book, reading about the girl with her nose stuck in a book.

Overall, I'd give the book 4.5 / 5 stars.  I'd like to see a bit of a thicker book, for the price, but it's still very informative and I really enjoyed it.  Any fan of Beauty and the Beast would likely enjoy it!   


2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I just discovered your blog and really like. Great review. I also collect Barbies and furniture in 1:06 scale. I invite you to visit my blog: all4barbie.blogspot.com If you want to keep in touch. I became a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete