Monday, May 6, 2013

BFC Ink Addison

Hi everyone (: So this will be a post about my BFC Ink doll, Addison.  I got her off of eBay for around $20 used.  Her hair was pretty messy and she had quite a few marks on her. Unfortunately, I noticed after I got her that she has a slight 'wandering' eye - one eye looks up just a shade, while the other one is looking straight ahead.  Oh well - if I position her like her head is cocked to the side, in a certain way, you can't notice it as much (that kind of stuff bothers me with dolls..)
Anyway, back to the post.  After awhile of dealing with her horribly frizzy and easily-matted hair, I got tired of it and decided to give her a new look after trying all of these methods of de-frizzing:

*Steaming
*Trying to use a curling iron to get a bit of the original curl back as well as flatten the frizz
*Fabric softener soaks...a lot of them
*Soaking her hair in boiling water and fabric softener
*Using people hair conditioner on her hair (which usually works great for all my other dolls).

None of that worked, so I was initially going to put a cute, red wig on her but I decided to experiment first.
These are her before pics (she is nude so if you don't want to see her nude you may want to skip this post!)
After I messed around with trimming the part of her hair that was mostly frizz, this is what I got:

After trimming the edges a bit to even up, I really liked it.  It makes her look a lot more her age.  

Sometime soon, I will hopefully be posting some reviews on the dolls I have.  Thanks for reading and God bless! (:




2 comments:

  1. I tagged you on my blog, It's A Doll's World :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know Elliebob! I'll check it out (:

    ReplyDelete