Thursday, January 16, 2014

Frozen Deluxe 2-Disc Soundtrack Review

Hey everyone!  Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...again...!  But today, we'll be taking a quick look at the Frozen Deluxe 2-Disc Soundtrack. 
I got the soundtrack off of Amazon for around $15, and I got it the day before I went to see Frozen on the 30th of November.  I was a bit hesitant to buy the soundtrack, when I didn't even know if I was gonna like the soundtrack or not, but I wanted to snag it because they were selling out so fast!  There were like three left in stock when I ordered it.  Eek! 

So when it came, I was super impressed.  It makes me want to order the hard copy of Tangled's soundtrack, even though I bought it on iTunes (and...rarely listen to it, because I don't use my iPod for songs much.  Weird, I know.  xD) So anyway.  The CD case is GORGEOUS -- everything about the CD case, even the CDs, is gorgeous! The insert with the lyrics also have actual photos/scenes from the movie. 

But anyway, you're wondering what music's on there, not what it looks like! 
The soundtrack has all the scores from the movie, as well as all the songs - like "Frozen Heart", "For the First Time in Forever", and "Let it Go"  (Both Idina and Demi's.)  The second disc has all the score demos, and quite a few outtakes - such as "More Than Just the Spare", "We Know Better", "Life's Too Short", etc. 
And absolutely every single song is absolutely GORGEOUS.  It's probably one of my absolute favorite soundtracks.  It also, in the second disc, has karaoke versions of "For the First Time in Forever", "Let it Go" (both Let it Go versions - Idina and Demi's.), and "Love Is An Open Door". 

If you want to listen to any of these songs, this one person on YouTube (username is Rose Red) has all the songs uploaded on their channel.  At least, I think they have all of them.  Regardless, click HERE to go to their channel -- hopefully the link works.  :D 

Overall, I give the soundtrack a 5 out of 5.  It's absolutely beautiful, and I listen to songs from it almost every day.  I highly reccomend it.  If you buy it from Amazon (HERE), it's only $14.58 for the actual CD --plus you'll get a free MP3 download of it so you can listen to it right away! =D

Anyone planning on buying the soundtrack?  Anyone already have it?  What are your thoughts on the songs/scores from Frozen?  (:

4 comments: