Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My flowery braid for my Rapunzel doll!

Hey everyone!  (:
So I *finally* got to working on this post!
The other day, I decided to do something I'd been itching to do:  Make my own flower tie thingies for my Disney Store Rapunzel.
Here's how I made 'em:
I took some really skinny, green ribbon (not sure of the width), some of these adorable, paper flowers that I found at Michael's like, last year....and a safety pin.  

I used the smallest flowers - the flowers came in glass bottles in varying shades of blues or purples and in varying sizes.  The smallest ones were PERFECT for my Rapunzel.  

And then here's the ribbon.  I cut it kind of short; it's basically just a personal preference as to how long or short you wanna make the ribbon.  I chose green because it made it look kind of like stems/leaves.  

So you're probably thinking..what do ya do with the pin?  
Some of the flowers didn't have a wide enough center hole, so I'd put the pin thru the center of the flower, like pictured, and then *GENTLY!!* tug at each petal a couple of times.  That should widen it out just enough that you can get the corner of the ribbon through...and then you just pull the ribbon through until the flower's about in the middle - again, this is just a personal preference.  

This is the finished product! 
And then you just braid your doll's hair.  I braided Rapunzel's hair like it was in the movie, and then when I was done, I carefully worked the ribbon thru her hair and tied it.  
I tried to get pictures of this, but the camera in my phone was being weird, so I didn't get them.  I'll have to put up another post about how I do the braid, and how I did the flowers.  

I did, however, get this picture.  You can kind of see the flowers down along through her braid...I soo need to get the regular camera out and do a photoshoot, and take more pictures for the next post about this.  

Anyway, that's it for now!  Anyone else have any ideas on how to do her braid/flowers?  What do you think of this?  (:  
Will hopefully have a photoshoot or another post up this week - not sure, though, because I've got a relatively busy schedule again...one more horse show this Sunday and I should be wrapped up for the year!  

2 comments: