Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How to Downy dunk your Barbie-sized Rapunzel's hair (:

Hey everyone (:
Before we get to the subject of this post, I just wanted to say...
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  You guys rock.  Over 1500 views and 5 followers??  You guy are just awesome.  Thank you soooo much!! =]  I'm so excited.  I never thought I'd have this many views and five of you following me!!!  (: (:


I could go on and on and share my excitement even further, but I figure you don't want to hear about that...:P So.......I ended up doing a fabric softener dunk on my 12" 2011 Rapunzel, because her hair was kind of frizzy. 
Normally, I would just fill up the sink, dangle her over the side, and let her hair soak, but since that's a lot of water for a little bit of hair...I used a red solo cup. 
(Country song listeners out there:  Red solo cup, I lift you up, let's have a party...let's have a party... (Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith).  Now that'll be stuck in your head..you're welcome! ;)  I hate that song but it's catchy xD)
Regardless. 

I just filled the cup about 2/3 of the way with steaming HOT water, put a drizzle of (Well...actually, come to think of it, I didn't do a fabric softener dunk cause we were out  of fabric softener!  I used regular shampoo, and it worked well!)  shampoo in it (but you could use fabric softener as well), and then submerged her hair into the water.  I filled the cup almost the rest of the way up with hot water, and then I set it on the counter.  As for miss Rapunzel, I wrapped her up in a washcloth and sat her down up against the cup, where she stayed with her hair soaking for about 2-3 hours.  And she got her hair rinsed out very well, brushed out, and then left to dry.  Her hair is so much nicer now!!! (: 

Just an idea for anyone who has 12" dolls that need Downy dunks, but you don't want to waste a bunch of water to soak them. 
Any ideas/comments?  Have any of you tried this before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment