Thursday, September 19, 2013

2011 Disney Store Rapunzel review

Hey everyone...and here's the long-awaited 2011 DS Rapunzel review. 
I'm running low on brain cells right now  - went to bed really late (someone kept texting me and they would.  not.  stop.) and then got back up bright and early...and I have zero ambition today, but I knew I'd promised all of you that this would be up TODAY..so bear (bare?) with me :D  Okay, I'll stop rambling about my night, and I'll get to what you all REALLY want to hear about :P 

First off:  Anyone know if these come with the 2011 Rapunzel?  They came with her in the lot, but I don't think they come with the actual doll, but the shoes fit...maybe they're Barbie?  I have no clue.  If anyone knows, please feel free to drop a comment - thanks! 
Anyway.

Here's the lovely lass, subject of this post.  
She is seriously so pretty. 

She's a lot like the 2010 Rapunzel model,  but her lips are a little paler and she has eyelashes. And, of course, with a different dress, shorter hair, and no shiny tinsel thingamabobs in her hair, either.  Sorry, I can't think of what they're really called right now.  So they shall go by 'shiny tinsel thingamabobs' for now.  ;)  Anyway, moving on.

Her bodice.  It's reallllly super glittery, and minus the 3/4 sleeves. 

And the tulle skirt, which has fabric underneath. 
Most of the glitter's off of the skirt, except for a few bits - yay!!
I suspect whoever opened her simultaneously detonated a glitter bomb, right out of her box, if that skirt was coated with glitter.  xD

 
And the back of the dress. 
 
Her hair comes down to her feet, and it's soft; but it's made of some sort of dryer material than the 2010 Rapunzel, or even the 2013 Rapunzel.  It's nice, though.  I ended up doing a little bit of work on it, because the ends were really rough, which I will post as a how-to sometime soon. 


Overall, I'd give her a 4 out of a 5.  She's GORGEOUS, but you can tell that she was definitely a step down from the 2010 Rapunzel.  I would definitely reccommend her, though, because she's adorable!  (: 
 
Anyone have a 2011 Rapunzel?  What do you think about her? 

I'm going to try to get some final pics for the photoshoot, with an actual camera...which I was gonna do today, but ended up tired and the camera's battery died. Sooo...yeah.  Why is it that every time I go to take pictures, that stupid camera's battery is dead?!  I mean, really...  the camera must hate me xD

So I'll hopefully have that photoshoot up soon, along with a comparison review and that how-to.  (: 

Also, don't forget to check out the eBay listings... I need to get more up tonight...if I can get enough ambition worked up.  If not, the weekend shall suffice!  :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment