Saturday, September 14, 2013

2010 Rapunzel review

Hey all!!!  Yes, I am FINALLY getting an actual post up!  Whoop-whooop!  :P 
Last night, my 2010 & 2011 Rapunzels came!  I'm still excited! 
Before I get to the post...a few things. 

I am done with my week helping out at the fairgrounds...Basically all I did was wipe tables, throw out junk, collect food trays, and replace placemats....it got a little monotonous by last night, but it was pretty good.  And goodness, last night was hopping!  Wow.  I thought I'd never be able to get out of there! : D
And hopefully I'll be able to post some more on here.  Sorry, guys! 
I'll post the 2011 Rapunzel review in a seperate post; and then I'll post that long-awaited photoshoot, and then a comparison between the 2010, 2011, 2012 (brunette) and 2013 Rapunzels.  Oh, and my Mattel Rapunzel will be featured a couple of times.  :D

Let's see...OH!  On a totally different and random note, has anyone seen the Dreamworks movie Rise of the Guardians?  I've been wanting to see it so badly, and it seems really awesome..If anyone has, feel free to comment anything about it...please!! :D  I'll buy the DVD off of eBay as soon as I can - which will probably be after I do Christmas shopping.  My Rapunzels were the last purchase I'm planning on making until after I get Christmas shopping done...which I really need to start planning out!  :D

Okay, I'll stop blathering on!  Onto what you REALLY want to hear about!

Well..this is how Blogger uploaded everything.  Umm..this is her brush.  It's got neat patterns all over it, and it's pretty cute!  I'll have to get the actual camera out to see if I can get better pics. 


Her little paintbrush, with a little handle thingy so she can actually hold it!  That's exciting to me..when I was young, any Barbie accessories you got never had handles or anything, so they just laid around and got broken or chewed up by some dog (at least, mine did xD)


And a..blurry picture of Pascal.  He has a little handle thingy attached to his one back foot, as well.  He is SO cute!  It amazes me how good his paint job is, especially since he's so little!  :D


And here's the star of the post...lovely Rapunzel.  =]
She has LONG hair with those iridescent (spelling?) strands in amongst her hair fibers.  And her hair is sooooo soft..I had to keep petting her :D 


Her immensely lonnnnng hair. 


And her gorgeous face!  She doesn't have eyelashes like the other dolls, but in the movie, Rapunzel didn't have really over-exaggerated eyelashes, either.  And you can't see, but she has freckles.  (:

Her bodice, and 3/4" sleeves.  Yay for movie accuracy!!! 


And her skirt...again, yay for movie accuracy!  Right down to the lace on the bottom of her dress.


The back of her dress..the pattern and everything goes the whole way around the skirt.


"But what choice do I have?  I need someone to take me!" (From the scene when she's interrogating Eugene, and has to take a quick break to conference with Pascal :P  If I didn't get that quote right offhand, please comment and let me know xD)


"And then I'll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair, stuck in the same place I've always been..."   (I wouldn't reccomend using those plastic brushes for brushing her hair, though - an actual wig brush works a lot better and keeps the hair nicer...same goes for ANY type of doll!)
 
Overall, I give her a 5 out of 5.  She's adorable, movie accurate (That's a HUGE plus for me; I dunno about you).  I'm not usually one for dolls with iridescent strands in their hair, because the strands stretch instead of breaking, and can quickly turn things in a, well...huge, tangled mess. ;) 
But her hair is soo soft, and long, and silky, and fun to play around with..I can't wait to mess around with braiding it. 
Her hair seems a lot less thick and weighty than the 2013 Rapunzel of mine, but that doesn't bother me. 
Her dress is really nice, and her accessories seem very well made and sturdy.  The paintbrush may be able to be bent, however, but I didn't try to. 
The only thing I would say is to make sure to keep an eye on the small accessories (Pascal and the paintbrush) around young children..those could quite easily be swallowed or choked on...another thing is that I'm sure that with enough rough play, the elbow and wrist joints could come apart.  They seem sturdy enough to me, but I know for a fact that my toddler nephew would have her destroyed within minutes if he would get ahold of her :D 
 
She's getting harder to find, especially since Disney Parks came out with a newer model this year (which doesn't have arm joints, I've heard..?), so if you're looking to get one, you might want to jump on one from eBay before they're an extinct doll on the sale websites :D 

What do you think of her?  Do you have a 2010 Rapunzel?  If you do, what're your thoughts?  I love to hear from people, and I don't bite... ;) 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have the 2011 Rapunzel. I love the little Pascal that yours comes with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! The 2011 Rapunzel's really pretty too...But they're ALL pretty in my opinion :D

      Delete