Thursday, November 7, 2013

LIV review post

Hey everyone!!
So I've been on a LIV doll kick recently...I just realized how amazing their articulation is! They're also great for customization.    So that's how we've come to this post! 
I actually ended up with...ah...seven of these girls over the month of October?  All found on eBay for a great price.  This weekend (or sometime soon, I hope) I will actually have one up for sale - I'll let you all know when I post her.
Anyway, let's get to the review. 
**NOTE -- If you don't want to see a developed, nude doll, you might wanna just skip this post. **

First, the wigs. 
 

LIV dolls are great for customization, because they have removable wigs.  They have these neat, little plastic pegs, that fit into a hole in the LIV dolls' heads.  (Shown later). 

The hair on the wigs, which were included in a lot of four that I got, were pretty wild; so I gave them all a quick spray with a fabric softener/water dilution I have on hand.  They brushed out extremely well! 

Before...


And after! =D 

The articulation: 
They have articulation at the head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, knees, and ankles. 
The knees have two joints, and actually have a kneecap, so they can pull off soo many amazing poses! 

The arm/wrist articulation,  and you can see the torso joint.

When you see it....
OUCH. 

They sit pretty well, but they have to lean forward a bit or they'll tip over backwards. 

They can kneel, and they can hold it!!

And they can stand VERY well.

Here's the hole in their heads for the wigs.  They pop in and out with ease.  (:  You can also see that they have painted on hair. 
 
Now, here are some pictures I took for the eBay listing - just so you can get a quick idea of their posability.





And they can sit nice and ladylike as well!!



And this is just to show how far their hips will rotate. 
It hurts to just LOOK at that! :D 
 
So, that's basically just a quick look at the LIV doll line.  I don't know much about them, but I WILL be posting some customization posts here sometime, so you'll be able to see some more of them. 
As far as I can tell, I give them a 5 out of a 5.  Their amazing, their glass-like eyes are GORGEOUS and very pretty - I've seen the green, blue, and brown, and they're all stunning.   From what I understand, SpinMaster no longer makes them. 
 
Hope you enjoyed the review; and if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!  I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.  (:
I once more have a busy weekend - Saturday, anyway- but I'll be working on more posts. 
PLUS!  Frozen comes out in theaters in exactly 20 DAYS!!!! Yay!!!!!!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment